Every owner wants their property to sell quickly and hiring an experienced real estate agent is a good step in the right direction. You cannot change the market, but there are several things that a seller can do to position the property to sell.
- Make sure the property is clean and pack away any unnecessary items you have sitting out.
- Buyers love to snoop through closets and cabinets, so make sure they are all cleaned out and kept neat.
- Make minor repairs around the property and even consider painting the walls a more neutral color.
- Curb appeal is one of the most important things.
- Have an agent do a walk through to give you a buyer’s perspective on the home.
- Depending on the market and your target price point, you may want to take care of some larger projects such as replacing the roof or windows.